Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Show or hidden a menu module within metamod for public or registered

Show or hidden a menu module within metamod for public or registered

Hi,
i'm became crazy to show a menu module within the metamod module position.
I have created a new menu module, and putted it withing the metamod module position, but it not appear....

I have tried adding an other login module, is the extendedreg module for custom registrion process, and it appear correctly, why if i add a custom menu module it not appear.....?

Thanks to all for the attention.
Regards.

openaspace
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Show or hidden a menu module within metamod for public or registered

Hi, after some test, now it "seems" to work,
but there is a little problem. When i put the menu module in the meta_mod in the menu position,
there is a duplicated menu of all items!

Why all this?
Thanks.

openaspace
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts

Hello?
There is not support?!

openaspace
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts

Hi openaspace,

sorry I've been out of town on a work trip for a week and haven't had much access to the internet or time to work on support requests.

I think what you are saying is the problem is that you are now getting TWO menu modules on the pages where you only wanted ONE. And you're probably getting ONE menu on any page where you don't want any at all?

Please read through the Quick Start Guide:

http://www.metamodpro.com/metamod/quick-start

The important factor you need to take account of is that you must DISABLE the target module(s), i.e. the modules that you are trying to control. You can disable them by unpublishing them, by setting them to display on "none" menu items, or changing their module position to a position name that does not actually exist on your page.

Of course, it's vital that your MetaMod is published, set to some or all menu items, and is set to a valid module position.

Once that is in place, then if the MetaMod does NOT include the module, then the module will not show up on the page. If the MetaMod DOES include the module, then the MetaMod will publish it even if it's unpublished, and will put it into the same module position that the MetaMod is in.

Please work through that carefully, and if you're still having trouble with it then write back with some details of what parts are working and what parts aren't.

Best regards,
Stephen Brandon
metamodpro.com

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: