Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Show article on one page

Show article on one page

Hi,

I am using an event booking system (component) on a site I am currently developing I need to insert an article before the event listings but I don't want the article to show on any of the other events pages.

If I use 'insert article' and add to page the article will show on all pages like event detail page, registration page etc.

Could you please assist me with a meta mod recipe for this?

Thank you
Regards
Lene

lt635
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
11 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Show article on one page

Hi,

Can anybody please assist with this.  I have tried several versions of recipes but cannot get it working.  I need an article to show on main component page but no other pages within that component.

Thank you
Regards
Lene

lt635
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
11 Posts

Hi Lene,

sorry it's taken a few days to get back to you - I've been on a work trip for the last week and haven't had enough net access to be able to work on forum posts.

Anyway, about your particular issue:

Can you please do the following:

1 - assign a new MetaMod to ALL pages, and in that MetaMod, enable the "advanced debug" mode. This will print out some information that can be used to identify particular pages.

2 - view the front page of your component, and take a copy of the output from the MetaMod.

3 - view a selection of other pages from the component, and take a copy of the MetaMod output from each of them. e.g. detail page, registration page, etc.

4 - paste all the outputs from the various pages into a reply in this forum, indicating which one is the "front page".

From all of those I should be able to fashion some PHP which will *include* the main page, but *exclude* all the others.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

I have come up with a different solution.  If my client is happy with how it is setup I will leave as is if not I will post back on this forum.

Thank you
Regards
Lene

lt635
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
11 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics: