Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Chameleon 2.24 rules not work in joomla 1.7

Chameleon 2.24 rules not work in joomla 1.7

Hi,

I have install chameleon 2.24 in joomla 1.7 and it also contains the sh404sef, T3 framework and other extensions.

My problem is that i have applied rules for css and javascript related in some menu and category, but it does not work.

Please help. It's urgent.

Thanks in advance.

smallkit
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Chameleon 2.24 rules not work in joomla 1.7

Hi,

I've just tested the css/js actions on J1.7.4 and they work fine there - so no fundamental incompatibility there.

There are some things to check on your end:

1 - there's a system plugin called Chameleon Actions. Ensure it's published.
2 - also experiment with the ordering of Chameleon Actions. It uses the following standard Joomla functions to add elements to the HEAD of the document:

$document->addStyleSheet()
$document->addStyleDeclaration()
$document->addScript()
$document->addCustomTag()

... therefore the ordering of the plugins matters. Perhaps it needs to occur later or earlier in the list of system plugins.

If you can't seem to get the ordering right, try disabling as many of the system plugins as you can (other than sh404SEF, Chameleon and Chameleon Actions) and see if the new CSS/JS appears. If it does, then gradually re-enable the others one by one until it breaks again - and then you have a better idea of where the problem is.

I trust that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

i have tried to disable all the plugin except JA T3 Framework, sh4o4sef, chameleon and chameleon action. but it does not work. Is chameleon work with JA Purity II, because i have used the JA Purity II template for mega menu.

Need help for this. it's urgent.

smallkit
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Somehow, this morning it's working. Chameleon was using the right Joomla methods to insert HTML into the HEAD of the document, but last night those things were not taking effect, and this morning they are. Weird but true.

Hope it stays working for you...

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: