Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Problems with gantry and set template - looking for alternative

Problems with gantry and set template - looking for alternative

Hi, I'm using chameleon, joomla 2.5 and when I try to set template using rockettheme modulus i get the following error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\rocklaunchers\asdaily\libraries\gantry\core\gantrytemplate.class.php on line 358

To attempt to bypass the above error
I am trying to create a rule using php that changes the template parameters color etc. which are saved in an .ini file (preset1.ini)and overrides default preset keeping it there while the visitor browses.

I have started by inputing php code:
if (JRequest::getVar("preset") == "1") return true;

however I am at a loss how to get this code to call the ini file (preset1.ini)and load the parameters on action succeed.

Thanks
Anjo

anjo
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
14 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Problems with gantry and set template - looking for alternative

Hi Anjo,

I haven't done full testing for J2.5 compatibility on Chameleon yet. As I have just started a 2 week overseas work trip I won't be able to work on this until the 1st week of March.

Having said that, I think I know what this particular issue is, and it will definitely be fixed.

About the ini file: unfortunately you can't put PHP code in there. It simply does not work that way.

I hope that a 2-3 week wait will be ok... sorry bout that. But it will be done, and it will be a free upgrade for the 1.7 version (in fact, essentially a bugfix point-release for the 1.7 version, free to registered customers).

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Re: Problems with gantry and set template - looking for alternative

Great news you can fix this. Gladly wait.

Thanks
Anjo

anjo
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
14 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls: