Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

metamod can't exclude any modules anymore!

metamod can't exclude any modules anymore!

hello(my joomla 1.5.25 and metamod 2.12) , i have installed advanced module manager and metamod, and i used metamod for substitute my search module on virtuemart frontpage by this recipe:

$vm = JomGenius("virtuemart"); 
if ( $vm->check( "pagetype not = frontpage" ) ) return 124;
if ( $vm->check( "pagetype = frontpage" ) ) return 192;

it works at first, but after some changes with advanced module parameters, it didn't remove modules anymore. i also undid my changes in advanced module manager but it didn't work out and after that just could add modules.

i uninstalled both advanced module manager and metamod, and then i just try to reinstall and use metamod again, but it just can add modules and not able to exclude any modules any more. sad

what should i do?

so now with that recipe both modules with ids 124 and 192 appear together and the module 124 doesnot disappear.

meysam66
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: metamod can't exclude any modules anymore!

Hi,

are you using MetaMod (free) or MetaMod Pro? If the free version then there shouldn't be any particular problems with using AMM with it. With the Pro version there's scope for problems but I haven't been aware of any problems recently...

Anyway, the first thing to check is whether you have "disabled" the target modules from displaying, before they get included by MetaMod. That is, you either need to unpublish them, or set them to a module position that does not exist on the page. e.g. If the modules are going to display in a position called "right" then I put the target modules into a position called "right-metamod", and the MetaMod itself into the "right" position. That way, the modules won't show up unless/until the MetaMod includes them.

I wonder if that's your problem... that the modules are simply showing up by themselves. The MetaMod can't stop the target modules from appearing if they are assigned onto the page in the normal way.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: