Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Chameleon Pro 2.22 not compatible with joomla2.5 Multi Language

Chameleon Pro 2.22 not compatible with joomla2.5 Multi Language

Hi there,

I use joomla 2.5.1 and Chameleon 2.22. It works well until I use multi language in joomla.
When change another language (i.e.  fr), the language changed. Then I click another menu link, the page start loading infinitely.
What I do is disable the plugin system-chameleon, and it works. I use build-in SEF plugin, but it still now works when I put its order before chameleon.

Just want to let you know this problem.

Cheers,
Mcwolf

mcwolf00
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Chameleon Pro 2.22 not compatible with joomla2.5 Multi Language

Hi Mcwolf,

I wonder if you can just clarify for me, how are you changing to a different language? Is that via the standard language switcher module in Joomla?

And when you first changed the language, did you have a "linked menu" for the page that you went to, or does it just redirect to the front page?

Lastly, are you saying that you can make it work with the system-chameleon plugin enabled, as long as the built-in SEF plugin is BEFORE the system-chameleon plugin? I'm not quite sure what you mean there (and the detail is important).

This is just to help me track down the problem in J2.5.1 - thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for your quick reply.
1. I am using the standard language switcher module in Joomla.
2. I have all the menu linked, so it will not go to the frontpage.
3. Not about SEF first, when I disabled system-chameleon plugin or disabled all the rules in component - chameleon - rule, it works.

(let's forget about SEF plugin, but if I set "No" in joomla global configuration - SEO Settings - Search Engine Friendly URLs, it works and url become very long like xxx/index.php?xxx=xxx&lang=en)

Cheers,
Dennis

mcwolf00
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

ok, thanks for confirmation, that will help me look for the issues.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Stephen,

We are in urgent need of Chameleon for Joomla2.5. Could you share with us your ETA for releasing it?
We just need to know whether it is close and we should wait, or whether we should look for another solution in the short term.

Thanks a lot!
-S.

f6admin
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts

ETA about 2 hours... although I need to do some more testing on the issue above. Real close now!

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

@mcwolf00:

So far I have not been able to replicate the problem with the redirections (tested on J2.5.2), so I'll release the new version and continue to work on this if you still have problems.

Regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Stephen,
Thank you for the v2.23 it works well so far except the incompatibility with J2.5.2 multilingual functionality that we also confirm.
After finishing multilingual configuration, we have endless redirect. Unpublishing chameleon system plugin stops the redirect loop.
Would you be ok to check our site if we email you super admin access?

-S

f6admin
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts

Hi f6admin,

yes, I'd love to be able to see this firsthand. I'll send you a PM with my e-mail address.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: