Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Problem With A Rule

Problem With A Rule

This is the first rule I have written.

I have it set to Continue on Failure.

The purpose of the rule is to go to Template 2 if the user is logged in or else go to Template 1.

And, there is a group of 3 different menu modules to use with each template.

What happens is that when I access the front end through the back end View Site option is that it never gets there.  It simply stops.  And, when I access the front end directly I receive:

Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 4 in /home/dispatc4/public_html/templates/tommy/index.php on line 4

Both templates are from Aristeer Template Maker 3.1.  I am running Joomla 2.5.1.

doug4r
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Problem With A Rule

This problem has been resolved.  It somehow had to do with Chameleon seeing both templates as the same.  When I used 2 completely different templates, the problem went away.

Doug

doug4r
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts

Hi Doug,

I'm puzzled by the error message you got, because it doesn't appear to relate to the way that you resolved it.

When you say "seeing both templates as the same" do you mean you were trying to use Chameleon to choose between 2 different themes of the same template?

If so, then I'd like to track down the root cause of this some more. Can you possibly send me a copy of the template so that I can do some testing with it? Also can you include info about what different parameters you were setting in the 2nd Style?

I'll send you an e-mail address via a PM.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

This has been resolved.  The problem was that the template were saved under 2 different names within Joomla.

doug4r
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts

Ok, looks like a false alarm. Thanks for reporting back.

Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: