Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Joomla 2.5 support

Joomla 2.5 support

UPDATE: to save you scrolling to the end of the thread, here's the status: Chameleon and MetaMod are both compatible with Joomla 2.5. There are separate Joomla 2.5 versions of both (i.e. the J1.5 and J2.5 versions are different downloads).

Hi everyone,

Lots of people have been asking about when MetaMod and Chameleon will be available for Joomla 2.5, and whether it will be a paid upgrade.

At this time I have not tested these products on Joomla 2.5, and they probably don't work yet.

The plan is that as long as the upgrade to Joomla 2.5 is not a major headache, then Joomla 2.5 compatibility will be added to the Joomla 1.7 versions of MetaMod and Chameleon, and this will be a free upgrade for all registered customers.

I will start debugging on Joomla 2.5 this week, but depending on what difficulties I come up against it may be  afew weeks before I release a 2.5-compatible version.

By their nature, MetaMod and Chameleon delve into very deep parts of Joomla that most other extensions don't touch. The 1.5 to 1.7 upgrade was a huge job, and this revealed some bugs in Joomla that had to get fixed before the extensions could even work. I hope that 2.5 won't be as bad as that was!

I'll announce progress in this thread on the forum.

Cheers,
Stephen

Edited By: metamodguy
03-Sep-12 04:51:08

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Joomla 2.5 support

An uncomfirmed report says that MetaMod (the free version) seems to be working on Joomla 2.5. Feel free to try this out and let us know how you get on.

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Status report:

I found some issues with MetaMod Pro on J2.5. The main things so far have been:
- $core_genius->info("groups") returns group ids instead of group names. I have a fix for this.
- incompatibility with NoNumber's Advanced Module Manager. I have a fix for this.

So far, looking pretty good otherwise. Will have an update ready with at least these 2 fixes shortly.

Chameleon on Joomla 2.5:
- mostly this seems to work well. I've had 1 report saying that the menu selector doesn't seem to work, which I'll check.
- one report says that trying to assign a new default page in a Succeed action didn't work. Will follow up.
- some basic tests to see if I could assign a template style for logged in and non-logged-in users worked fine
- lots more testing to do
- basic functionality of setting a template seems to work fine, so hopefully the "default page" thing won't be too hard to fix.
- I don't see any reason not to use this on Joomla 2.5. While there are a few things to fix, there's lots that's working. Please report any anomalies, and this will help to speed up the release.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

MetaMod & MetaMod Pro 3.8now released as an upgrade to the J1.6-J1.7 version. See new announcement for details.

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Chameleon is now compatible with Joomla 2.5, with release 2.23.

This is now available on this site. It's a free upgrade for anyone who has already purchased the J1.7 version (2.22).

Have fun!

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: