Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Can't work it out :(

Can't work it out :(

Hi - I'm sure it's really simple.. and there's so much info out there for metamod / chameleon that I've tried for ages to get it going, but I just can't work it out. All I want to do is display a particular module on one VM category page.. nothing too taxing I'd have thought.

I think if I had metamod it would be easy with pasting the rules..

But I'm using chameleon, and I'm setting the category id in the left 'VM detection' panel.. and then over on the 'succeed' actions, in the php field I'm putting things like return 64; to show the module id I need... but with the debug turned on, it says succeeded in setting template name 64. Eh? I'm so lost with chameleon it's unreal. Please can you put me out of my misery?

I've tried copying in recipes into the php field, I've tried using the drop downs to get it configured... I'm losing the plot

Edited By: fewleh
12-Jan-12 11:38:59

fewleh
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Can't work it out :(

Hi - I installed metamod, and got it working right away. Just not sure I understand the chameleon properly... I'd like to use it, seeing as I bought it :c But all good

fewleh
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

Re: Can't work it out :(

Hi Fewieh,

in Chameleon, if you return a value from the PHP box then it determines the "style id" of the template you want to display.

In MetaMod, if you return a value from the PHP box then it determines the "module id" (or ids) of the module you want to display.

Because Chameleon (the paid version) has lots of options to select (e.g. page type, url, referrer and all the rest) you typically don't need to use the PHP box so much.

In your case, you were trying to use Chameleon to control modules, which it can't really do [yet]. That's a job that MetaMod is better suited to.

Chameleon's main "actions" are to do with changing the Joomla template that gets displayed in particular situations, and alsoin removing/hiding menu items from display. There are a bunch of other actions too, like adding css/js files, and changing the "default" page and/or "active" menu item.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: