Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Is Chameleon compatible with Compatible with RocketTheme Gantry templ?

Is Chameleon compatible with Compatible with RocketTheme Gantry templ?

Hello,

Chameleon and Joomla 1.7 / PHP 5.3

I was trying to construct a redirect for IE6 and below. I simply assigned an IE friendly template for Up to IE 6. Selected:

Up to in v6 in Browsers > environment
Succeed actions beez template
Fail actions, default template (rt_zehyr)

The redirect succeeded for IE6, but I received nasty errors for other browsers:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /home/domain/public_html/libraries/gantry/core/gantrytemplate.class.php on line 327

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /home/domain/public_html/libraries/gantry/core/gantrytemplate.class.php on line 357

Notice: Undefined index: in /home/domain/public_html/libraries/gantry/core/gantrytemplate.class.php on line 520

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/domain/public_html/libraries/gantry/core/gantrytemplate.class.php on line 358

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/domain/public_html/libraries/gantry/core/gantrytemplate.class.php on line 358

Jordan

drjjw
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Is Chameleon compatible with Compatible with RocketTheme Gantry templ?

Hi Jordan,

that's a strange error - I'm going to do some testing to see if I can replicate that.

What I'd suggest for now is that you just set your default system template as rt_zephyr. There's no need to set it in the fail action, as it will already be set by default.

My feeling at the moment is that it's a bug in Joomla itself. Perhaps once the template style has been set once (i.e. through Chameleon using the setTemplate() method), that the getTemplate()->id isn't going to work any more. In fact that would not surprise me, because when you set a template style in Joomla 1.7, you don't set it by id. Instead, you give it the name of the template, and the *parameters* of the style, rather than the style by id. So Joomla never actually knows the id of the style you're setting.

The only time Joomla can get the id of the style is if/when the style is set as default, or per menu item. I have a feeling this means that there's very little that Chameleon can do about the situation.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks for reporting the problem.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: