Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Virtuemart Page and Logged in User recipe wanted

Virtuemart Page and Logged in User recipe wanted

Hi Stephen,

I did not see the recipe I wanted anywhere on your site and thus, I had to create a new post here. Maybe I am wrong and there may have been some post regarding this but after looking around for approx half and hour, I decided to post and ask for help would be better.

I am using J15.24 with VM 1.1.9 with MetaMod Pro plugin v2.6 (Is that the latest version?)
What I want to achieve is this - I have a VM login module that I want to show only on the shop.registration and then after the visitor signs in I want to show a logout module to the member only on the VM frontpage and cart page.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Deepak

Edited By: deepakdhingra
30-Nov-11 23:09:55

deepakdhingra
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Virtuemart Page and Logged in User recipe wanted

Hi Deepak,

Yes, it's possible.

$vm = JomGenius("virtuemart");
if ( $vm->check("pagetype = shop.registration")) return XXX;
if ( $user->id > 0 and $vm->check("pagetype = frontpage, shop.cart")) return YYY;

Replace XXX with the module id to use on the registration page, and YYY with the module id to use on the VM front page and the shopping cart page, but only for logged in users.

When I talk about the VM front page, I mean the page that you have where the menu item points to the virtuemart component, but not to a certain category or item. This is not necessarily the front page of your site, though it might be.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Re: Virtuemart Page and Logged in User recipe wanted

That worked perfectly, Stephen.

Thank you so much.

Great product. Metamodpro (due to its uniqueness over metamod regular) is one of the wonders of Joomla. And this is why I do not choose any other CMS over Joomla.

Deepak

deepakdhingra
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts: