Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Hmm now Metamod is broken

Hmm now Metamod is broken

Me again already sad

With metamod I have a link to CB Profile. When I click on it I get this error:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 28311552) (tried to allocate 311296 bytes) in /xxx/x/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/modules/mod_metamod/helper.php on line 648

Now I am sad again sad

Paladin Brewer
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
13 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Hmm now Metamod is broken

Chances are that's just coincidence - as you add more functionality to your Joomla site, it progressively takes more memory. You've just hit the limit.

Try:

1 - increase the memory limit available. Talk to your hosting provider about how to do this for your site. Try 40M instead of the 28M or so that you have at the moment.

2 - it's possible that you have got MetaMod in a loop, consuming more and more memory. This can happen if a MetaMod tries to include itself (check any ids you have in the "Quick Module id or position include" box, and any ids that you "return" in the PHP code. Make sure that these ids do NOT include the ID of the MetaMod itself!

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

No it does not seem to be pointing to itself. I am currently using Metamod just for a simple Login/Logout buttons, and of course if you are logged in you also get Profile and PM buttons.

Which variable am I looking at? Because my memory_limit is currently at 90M, which is pretty high.

Is it possible I have something else wrong? I know I couldnt follow the directions I was using exactly. The directions said not to choose a menu item for my 2 menus, but I did because mine is not the mainmenu (which is will use by default if I do not choose one). But no my metamod is item 88, but the code is returning 87 or 90.

Paladin Brewer
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
13 Posts

If your mem limit is 90M, then how are you getting an error when trying to allocate 311296 bytes after 28311552 ? I'd double-check that memory limit. 28M really is too small for a lot of sites.

Cheers
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

I went to system Info in Joomla, then PHP Info. It says Memory_Limit 90M for both local and Master.

Strangely enough I added a link to the CB Profile in my Main Menu (which has nothing to do with Metamod), but I still get the same metamod error hmm

Paladin Brewer
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
13 Posts

Hmm I even removed the Profile link from the menu, now any other profile link (from the forums, whatever) is still giving that same error sad

Paladin Brewer
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
13 Posts

Oh right after my last post I fixed it.  I had to set that Profile link in the menu to Registered, not Public.  I don't know why since Metamod should handle that part, but I'll go with it.

Paladin Brewer
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
13 Posts

Though, now I set it back to Public and it still works fine.  Joomla is so weird smile

Paladin Brewer
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
13 Posts

Do you have any caching turned on? E.g. the caching in the global config, or the system cache plugin? Either might have contributed to the problem.

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

I think I have the system cache and gantry cache enabled, Im not sure if I should have both on or not smile

But actually it does seem to be my web host. I've been in contact with them, and even though it says 90MB, they said only 32 is actually being supported. I and other users started getting memory errors, but Im fixing that problem with my web host (hopefully).

Though, maybe this other problem I seem to be having is related to metamod and the cache.  Lately I go to my site, and it shows the "Login" menu as if Im not currently logged in, but I am. When I refresh the page then itll go to the "Logout" menu. Im not sure why that is happening.

Paladin Brewer
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
13 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant: