Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Menu colors

Menu colors

Hi all.  Thank you for this great plugin.  I've created a new menu which I want to be available on certain pages.  Evertyhing is working fine but the colors of the new menu is not corresponding to my template.  Where can I change this?  This is what I've put in under the php part of the module:

Code:

if ( $content_genius->check("category_id = 35") ) return Menu1;

wilest
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Menu colors

Hi,

just want to check first: when you return a string (Menu1 in this case) from MetaMod, it interprets it as the name of a module position. So, do you have a module position named "Menu1" containing the new menu?

Also, you should really put the name of the menu position in quotes to return it from MetaMod. Otherwise, PHP can sometimes get upset:

if ( $content_genius->check("category_id = 35") ) return "Menu1";

As for the problem about menu colours: this is likely due to the fact that your CSS is getting messed up a little because the MetaMod puts an extra layer of HTML around the module that it's including. There are 3 ways around this:

1 - If you use MetaMod Pro, the included module is not "wrapped" in a MetaMod - it is just placed on the page directly, as if MetaMod was not there. This means that the CSS can't get confused about any extra HTML.

Even without MetaMod Pro, you can often get good results with:

2 - set the "style for included modules" to XHTML or "naked". This affects how much HTML is added around the included module.

3 - you could try adding a random Module Class Suffix to the MetaMod. e.g. "-metamod". Often times this causes CSS to ignore the HTML of the wrapping MetaMod.

Hope these help,
Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: