Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

metamod appearing in wrong position

metamod appearing in wrong position

hi, stephen.

i have this weird thing happening.

since i started using metamod pro, everything has been working really well. it has allowed me to achieve the design i had 'in mind,' but could not...due to, well, joomla.

the weird thing, however, is - for some reason - i've noticed that on specific article pages, the metamod is loading in the wrong position. what happens is that the metamod gets dumped over (like, as if the right module position is filled), appearing all the way on the bottom, above the footer, on the left side of the page.

it's strange because this is occurring only on a few articles. i've only found like 3 or 4, yet they are all in the same category with other articles that have the same assigned metamod.

i use:

if ($content_genius->check("category_id = 68")) return "27, 93, 83, 116, 112";

if ($content_genius->check("category_id = 51")) return "27, 93, 83, 118, 112";

if ($content_genius->check("category_id = 57")) return "27, 93, 83, 125, 112";

it seems that no matter where the article appears, if it is in category 68, 51, or 57 when it is clicked on the frontpage, the metamod appears as described above.

please advise.

thank you.

Edited By: baituo01
16-Oct-11 01:37:03

baituo01
Intermediate Modder
ranks
useravatar
46 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: metamod appearing in wrong position

Hi,

that's certainly a strange one. I'd suggest:

1 - turn on debug mode on every metamod that you are using, and have a look at the page(s) in question. Have a look for what it reports about which modules are being included. Is there any chance that the same module is being included more than once (e.g. being included twice by 2 different metamods)?

2 - what happens if you take MetaMod out of the equation altogether? e.g. turn off the MetaMod, then assign each module in that list onto ALL pages and make sure it's in the correct module position and published. Perhaps you'll find that there's something in the HTML/CSS of those modules that is clashing and sending the module to the wrong place on the page, and it's nothing to do with MetaMod

3 - use FireBug or similar to examine the CSS of the module that's in the wrong place. See if you can find anything in there that's affecting the positioning.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

hi, stephen.

yes, i tried firebug, but the only thing i see that slightly effects positioning, which i can denote through firebug, is the padding of the various modules.

actually, there are about 7 or 8 articles that i'm now finding. i'll give your first and second idea a try and report back. i have to wonder what will happen if i simply copy the article, delete the old, and save anew.

will try.

tx.

baituo01
Intermediate Modder
ranks
useravatar
46 Posts

Feel free to e-mail me some login details, and I'll take a look for you.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: