Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

about metamod and chamaleon

about metamod and chamaleon

Dear EXPERTS HELP!

I would like to show a menu item in my front page when a user as logged in, is it possible??? what components can help me with this???

thank you!

cesarupb
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: about metamod and chamaleon

Hi cesarupb,

you can achieve this without any extra components. Just go in and edit the menu item. There's a selector there for "Access level". Just for that menu item, choose "Registered" instead of "Public". Then, that menu item will only appear for registered and logged in users.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

(just read your e-mail as well) If you ONLY want that extra menu item to appear on particular pages and not others, then Chameleon or MetaMod can help you with that. Is that what you are wanting? Can you describe your situation a bit more?

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Dear support thank you for all your time and all the answers i wish you a happy 2012!.

I would like to know if metamodpro or chamaleon can help me with this situation:

I have a troubble... i have bought a component named "RSticketsPro" and now i want to show a ticket submission form into article or something like that! the idea is to show the ticket submission form as soon as customers has been loged in, but their support answered me "Unfortunately in the current version of RSTickets! Pro there is no way of setting the links from the Dashboard menu item in tabs without modifying the source code of the component.

it is possible metamodpro could help me??

if not plz advice if there is a component or something to do in order to get what i want to....

thank you!

cesarupb
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Hi cesarupb,

Although the basic description of what you want sounds easy enough (embedding a form into an article for only logged-in users), I don't know what you mean by "setting the links from the Dashboard menu item in tabs". That makes it sound a bit more complicated.

Let's assume for the moment that it's easy. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it's simple to make a module appear for only logged-in users.

So, I assume the form can be displayed in a module. Correct?
- then, make the module appear for "Registered" users only. That's a standard module control.
- then, put the module into its own module position. e.g. call the module position "embedform" (you can just type this into the dropdown for the module position)
- then, use the syntax {loadposition embedform} inside your article.

No MetaMod necessary.

Will that work for you? It does depend on being able to display the form in a module.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: