Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Problems with virtuemart when switching templates

Problems with virtuemart when switching templates

Good afternoon,

I have recently bought Chameleon for Joomla 1.5, in order to use it in a site I am designing now, where my clients want to have 2 differents templates.  One for the site and one for their e-shop.  I made a rule for all pages of virtuemart to change the template.  Everything is seems OK (i have no debug errors) but the eshop can't show shop.product_details, shop.browse pages etc.  All pages are show as the front page of the eshop.  Am I doing something wrong? 
My Joomla version is 1.5.22 and the project is at www.fit-4-all.gr/Joomla.  At the menu, as my site is in greek, you have to choose the third one from the end to get you into the eshop. 
Thanks in advance for your help!  Penelope

penelope
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Problems with virtuemart when switching templates

Hi Penelope,

I had a look at your site, and I see what you mean. Can I just check some details with you?

1 - where did you get the templates from? Is it possible for me to take a look at an actual template package (php code and all)?
2 - what happens when the "System - Chameleon" plugin is turned off? Does this fix the situation and give you back the product pages etc?
3 - with Chameleon turned off, try changing the default template to "theme123" and "theme708" in turn. Do either of the templates act any differently? Does either one of them allow the product pages to be seen?

If #3 shows that both templates allow the product pages to be seen with Chameleon turned off, then there's a strange problem going on. In that case, could you possibly create me a superadmin login on your site so I can take a closer look at what's going on? I'll PM you with my e-mail address.

Sorry that you're having problems with it...

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. 
1.  I bought them from templatesmonster.com.
2.  When I turned off Chameleon, I still can't get the product pages.
3.  I have still the same problem.  No products page.   Only if I change the default template to an other joomla template i.g. rhuk_milkyway then the products page is shown. I have made a test in an other server with joomla installed and I installed only the eshop template 123, and it worked fine alone.

I will email you with details in order to have a look at my files. Regards, Penelope

penelope
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Hi Penelope,

the problem is on one of your templates, and it's nothing to do with Chameleon. The problem still occurs when Chameleon is turned off.

On that template, there's a line that is switching off the display of the main component on the page (i.e. the product display or list) when anything is assigned to the user2 position. I removed this condition, and now everything displays perfectly, including Chameleon changing the template on the VM pages.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Thank you so much, for all your help!  Great product and great support!

Regards,
Penelope

penelope
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls: