Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

using components with chameleon 2.17 for J1.7

using components with chameleon 2.17 for J1.7

hello Stephen

I have a pb with chameleon 2.16 for joomla 1.7, the environment, users, component and menu handling tabs are empty.

Then I cannot assign my template to the component I wish, is it normal ? or work to come ?

Best regards

activha
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: using components with chameleon 2.17 for J1.7

just checked that the downloaded version is in fact 2.15 and not 2.16, maybe that you could send me latest version ??

Thanks

activha
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

Hi activha,

hmmm, this should not be happening. I'm very sorry you're having a problem with this. I haven't seen this problem before. All those extra tabs should be populated.

Can you please try to install Chameleon again over top of what you have already, and see if that helps? Please also take a note of any error messages that you may get during installation.

The next step after that would be to uninstall it all before re-installing. To uninstall, you should use the extension filter to search for "chameleon", and uninstall all components and plugins that come up.

I'll also check the version numbering - I'm pretty sure the latest one is what's on the site, but will double check.

Please let me know if you're still having trouble with it. I'm here to help.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

p.s. the latest version, 2.16, gets reported internally as "2.15ex Pro" ("ex" meaning extended). So you probably do have the latest version.

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

No, installing on top or deinstalling everything and reinstalling does not help. Still nothing on the tabs.
Version reports as 2.15ex dated 24 july 2011

activha
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

Hi activha,

Could I ask for an admin login on your machine to try to find out what's going on? I'll send you a PM with my e-mail address. From here it's practically impossible to diagnose the problem without access to it.

Sorry and thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Ok, all fixed now. It was a problem with hosts using some versions of PHP5.3. I've now released Chameleon 2.18 which fixes this problem, and installed it on your site.

Thanks for reporting it.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: