Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Virtuemart shop.browse template issues

Virtuemart shop.browse template issues

I can't seem to assign a template for any page that falls under shop.browse for Virtuemart. For now, I've created a rules based on URL, but it's a bit excessive:
http://domain.com/buy.html
http://www.domain.com/buy.html
https://domain.com/buy.html
https://www.domain.com/buy.html

However, I would rather just have one rule instead. I'm also introducing JoomFish now into the mix and the URL method no longer works (even if I update it to domain.com/es/buy.html, etc.

Edited By: AaronLea
23-Aug-11 01:50:38

AaronLea
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Virtuemart shop.browse template issues

Hi Aaron,

I guess you've tried already to use the shop.browse detector in the VirtueMart rules section (Page Type)? Are you finding that this didn't work?

Can I ask you to try that approach again, and this time turn on the Debug mode in the Chameleon preferences? That way you'll get some debug output in the front end as you navigate onto the shop.browse page, and hopefully you'll see either why part of the rule is stopping it from continuing, or possibly where there's a bug in Chameleon. Feel free to copy and paste the debug output into the forum so I can take a look and advise.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

When I set it to debug, it gave me this:
# - VM page type: current page (frontpage) is not on list of page types to include - failing

Of course, this page is not set up as a frontpage, but it seems to think all Virtuemart pages are frontpages.

AaronLea
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Hi Aaron,

thanks for the debug output - this is extremely valuable.

It's evident that there's a logic problem in the frontpage/shop-browse detection. The code tries to identify when a particular browse page has a link from a VM menu, in which case it calls it a "frontpage" rather than a normal category browse page.

I'm going to have a closer look at this to see how I can improve the logic so that it gets it right in your situation. Can you possibly send me some URLs for your actual site so that I can see it in context? You can send them in a PM, e-mail or using the Contact form if you prefer.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Aaron,

I just had a look at the code in JomGenius that calculates this.

The logic is this:

If the "&page=" parameter is non-existent, blank, or equal to "shop.index", then JomGenius/Chameleon calls this "frontpage".

If a page is "shop.browse", then JomGenius/Chameleon retains the name "shop.browse".

When you create a standard VirtueMart menu item in Joomla, there's no "page" parameter in the URL, therefore it gets called "frontpage".

Even if you give the VM menu item a particular "page" e.g. shop.browse, then this gets picked up in Chameleon even if it does not show in the URL.

So as far as I can see, the only really confusing thing is that "shop.index" gets referred to as "frontpage" in the select list in Chameleon.

Does that make any more sense?

If it still doesn't make sense or if there are other strange things happening, please let me know and I'll look at it some more. If you want, I could log in to your site and see how things are set up there. Just e-mail me with some login details.

We'll get to the bottom of this!
Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Aaron,

I took a look on your site and did a little testing. Sure enough, there's a problem in MetaTemplatePro - if you create a menu item to VirtueMart, but assign it a different "page" using the menu config, then MetaTemplate still calls it a frontpage view, rather than whatever you reassigned it as.

I'll have this fixed by Monday, with a new version of Chameleon. You can install Chameleon on top of MetaTemplate Pro, and it will import all of your existing rules. The version of MTP that you have is already a bit out of date and has other problems with VM handling. You can download the latest version from the "my account" link at the top of this page.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Just found what the problem was: it's because of the extra "lang=..." parameter that is in your URLs, because of JoomFish. The JomGenius code tries to detect if the URL used is "raw" (i.e. direct from a menu item) by seeing if there's any parameter other than Itemid and option. The lang parameter made it think that you had navigated within the page... it all gets a bit complicated. But I'll fix this so that the lang parameter doesn't upset things.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Very beautiful site by the way!

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Aaron,

I fixed the problem this week, and the new version of Chameleon is now available for download (from the Order page in your account).

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks for reporting the issue. The code dealing with this in Chameleon is now a lot more robust than it was before, and that only happened because you reported it. Thanks smile

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: