Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

"Error building Admin Menus" (Chameleon2.16 in Joomla1.7 installation)

"Error building Admin Menus" (Chameleon2.16 in Joomla1.7 installation)

I purchased Chameleon 2.16 for Joomla 1.7 (the filename is Chameleon2-16.zip). When I install it from the Extension Manager, I get an error saying "Error building Admin Menus" above the "Installing component was successful" message.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing it but I'm still getting the same thing.

Note that I am running Joomla locally, and installing from the tmp/ directory.

Could someone please help? Thank you.

wjlow
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: "Error building Admin Menus" (Chameleon2.16 in Joomla1.7 installation)

I managed to get around this by building a new Joomla 1.7 site and installing Chameleon over it.

wjlow
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Hi wjlow,

I'm glad you got this working. Someone else reported this the other day and we actually managed to fix the issue. On his Joomla installation (don't know if yours is the same) he had actually been having troubles with installation of components even before installing Chameleon, so it was a chain of events...

If you search in the Joomla forums, there are lots of other people reporting related problems with other components. It appears to be a bug in Joomla itself.

If you want to find out how we got around that for Chameleon installation, check out this thread:  http://www.metamodpro.com/forums/topic?id=745

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi,

Is there any new information related to this error? I'm also getting it... I've tried reinstalling a number of times, but I just keep getting the same thing. When I uninstall I also get an error saying it can't remove the admin menus. Not sure if that is because it was never installed or something else entirely.

I've used the lite version on another 1.5 site with great success and was looking forward to buying the pro version, but now I'm stuck... Please help!

Also I should note I'm using the 2-18b version if that matters.

Thanks!

scatternoise
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Hi scatternoise,

the info in the thread mentioned above did fix the issue for Chameleon. I'm still none the wiser about how it happens in the first place, but because it has happened to many other people with different components, I don't think it's something that's intrinsically wrong in Chameleon. I haven't had the problem on any of my own installations during development, and I have not been able to replicate the problem.

Therefore the fix for now is to go into the database (e.g. via phpMyAdmin) and perform the steps in the other thread, particularly in this reply:

http://www.metamodpro.com/forums/topic? … ;p=2#p3522

I'll look at incorporating a check for this into the installation procedure in Chameleon, but that does feel like a gross work-around...

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Took a minute to figure out, but it looks like that did the trick. I now have another problem, but I think it is related to my sh404sef plugin... I'll post in the current on going post.

Thanks!

scatternoise
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts: