Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Lots of Errors on Fresh Install

Re: Lots of Errors on Fresh Install

ok, catch up with you later.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

You sir are awesome.  The errors are gone, all the plugins are on and I have access to the backend.

Prepare for a good review on Joomla.Org

Odublar
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
22 Posts

Within two minutes of getting it to work, my site is doing exactly what I bought this for.  Thank You Stephen.

P.S.  I had watched the video tutorial before hand though.

Odublar
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
22 Posts

smile Oh, what a relief!!!

Thanks for being gracious about the errors.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Just 'cos I am nosy, can I ask what you're using Chameleon for?

And is there anything else you would like it to be able to do?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

The main reason is to have a template that looks like a facebook not-logged in page.  With my Yootheme Template, it kinda leaves empty div tables (like the menu bar) and the main article page div.

Basically, it makes it look cleaner and allows me to edit a template for those that do not have access without messing up the look for those logged in. smile

I'm sure once I dig into this component, I will find other ways of using it.  Not sure what else I would like it to do, I will ask if I see any limitations that I would like to be expanded.

Best,

Steven

Odublar
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
22 Posts

what if when we insert the code of the components with the underscore in the "chameleonrule".

Kathleen_Moore
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Kathleen - sorry, not sure what you mean, or if that's just a spam comment... if you're there, can you please give more details?

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

I am afraid that you thought this comment as a spam but let me tell you it is not, and being more specific about the query i cannot after assigning the templates i am not able to redirect to the url. Thanks in advance for your suggestion.

Kathleen_Moore
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Hi Kathleen,

Sorry about my mistake... it wasn't spam after all. I apologise.

I think that you are saying that you want to change the template as the result of a rule, AND redirect to another page.

However, you will find that when you redirect to another page, that other page will be using the normal template.

When you assign a template, it will only be active for the *current* page. If you redirect, then by the time you get there, the template choice is forgotten. That's just the way it works.

If you want the rule to set the template for the rest of the user's session, then you have to do 2 more steps:

1 - in the SUCCEED action, use "set session variable A" as well as the redirect.
2 - create another rule. In this rule, "detect session variable A" in the left hand side of the screen. This can then detect that the user had done the "succeed action" earlier in the session. Then in the SUCCEED action of this second rule, set the template (but don't redirect).

In the way, in the 1st rule you detect something. When this gets detected, you set session variable A (it's like a flag), and redirect.
Then when the next page gets viewed, the other rule says "hey I see that the session variable is set, so I'll change the template for you".

Is that what you're after?

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: