Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Problem with the plugin.

Problem with the plugin.

Hello! Your language plugin was exactly what I was looking for, spot on!

I've tested it on our test portal and it worked great. But it will not work on our main site. If I choose "only HTML" then it changes the tag. If I choose both, then it does nothing, it dosen't even change the tag.. Any ideas why?

PS: Your contact form is not working. I get "INVALID TOKEN" no mater what I do.

VegardAa
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Problem with the plugin.

Hi VegardAa,

first of all, I just checked the contact form and it worked ok for me... sorry it didn't work for you. I can't fix it if I can't find a problem though :-(

It's hard to say what the problem might be regarding your test vs. live sites.

- is the Joomla version number the same?
- do you have different components installed on each one? e.g. does one have any additional language systems (JoomFish) or SEF systems (sh404SEF etc) that the other doesn't have?

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hello!

Well the test portal is full of "crap", It's the portal where I test plugins / components etc,

On the main portal I have:
Blueflame forms
AceSEF
Phocagallery
Finder
Gavick Photoslide GK3 and Tabs Manager GK3
Jcal pro
JCE
SectionEX
XMAP
QLUE broke link checker.

So, I'm pretty clueless. I've tried moving the plugin above the rest, no help. It changes the "lang=" code. I'm pretty happy with just that, but it would be nice to get both features working.

Thanks for an awesome plugin non the less :-)

VegardAa
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Ok, I took a look at the code (hadn't looked at it in ages) to see what might be happening. When you choose "both" it uses a specific method to set the page language. I had put a comment in the code that "this is slightly dodgy" because of issues with routing (i.e. SEF URLs). It's interesting therefore that you are using AceSEF. Is that a difference between your test and live sites? Is it possible for you to turn off AceSEF temporarily on the site where the plugin is not working, and see it that makes things work? That would be informative, if things suddenly start to work.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi to all i am new to this community and want to learn how to use joomla can anybody tell me how should i start.

marie_turner2011
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts

Hi Marie,

for general info on Joomla, please start on the Joomla web site www.joomla.org or the Joomla forums http://forum.joomla.org/

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: