Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Gantry css Question when using MetaMod

Gantry css Question when using MetaMod

I'm using a gantry-based template that uses 3 columns on the homepage.  I have MetaMod making all the modules in the 2nd column (rt-grid-3) disappear when  anything but the homepage article is present in the main area.  I need this for Community Builder registration and moderation as they for some stupid reason force themselves into the homepage main area instead of a new page.

Now my question:  Even though the modules all go away, the rt-grid-3 css still fires placing a "display: table-cell;" on the page which keeps the page divided up with a vertical line of dots.  I want the vertical dots when the modules are present and I want them gone (page collapsed to only two columns) when the modules are not displayed.

Is this possible with MetaMod?  Do I have to buy MetaMod Pro to do this? 

Thanks,
Brian

bjones211
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Gantry css Question when using MetaMod

For collapsing columns, it's almost certain that you'll need Pro. The problem on your site at the moment is that the column has a published MetaMod in it. Even though the MetaMod contains no modules, it's still there and your template is reserving space for it.

With MetaMod Pro, it works differently. The modules that MetaMod includes get created as individual modules (not inside the MetaMod), and the MetaMod itself disappears completely. So, if the MetaMod does not include any other modules, then the module position collapses completely, because Joomla thinks there are no modules inside it.

And if it doesn't work - there's the 30 day money back guarantee smile

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: