Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Extra singular product on checkout pages in virtuemart

Extra singular product on checkout pages in virtuemart

Hi,

I have been doing some research as to how I can solve my problem, and I ended up here.

Problem:
Client wants a special product called "installation". So during the checkout process there needs to be an option to select if the person wants the extra option of "installation", which should be singular.

I figured I could create a new product, and add it to the featured module, and display it only on the checkout pages using metamod.
But then the product quantity has to also be limited to 1, cause you should only be allowed to select installation once. But it doesn't seem that there is an option for that in JomGenius parameter list. Is this so?

Hopefully I'm missing something and someone here can advice me with a solution.

Thanks
So my question

pixnflix
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Extra singular product on checkout pages in virtuemart

Hi pixnflix,

You know, some time ago I was working on a client's site when I saw that he was using a special extension for VirtueMart that forced a user to select something like installation as one of the checkout steps, I think.

I'm sorry I can't remember what the extension was called, but I'd start off of the VM extensions directory and try to find something on there (assuming you are using VM).

Although you could definitely put up a module on the checkout/cart pages as a strong "reminder" to the users (and use JomGenius to detect whether it is already in the cart or not), this still isn't going to force the users to actually purchase it.

If you want any help to use MetaMod to put up a module based on cart contents I'm happy to help to achieve that, but I really think that if it's important to your workflow, that you should find an extension which makes it part of the workflow.

Hope you can find it,
cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: