Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

main menu and registered menu

main menu and registered menu

Good morning,
www.pd-imedia.com/clubdelacopla
I have this main menu "incio / que es el club / hagase socio / ..."
This menu it's show allways, but I want if there is a registered user, hidden this menu and show another menu, at the same position.
Is this possible with metamod PRO.? I've download the plugin and module.

pdimedia
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: main menu and registered menu

Hi pdimedia,

I've just been looking at your menu issue. Can I ask you some more about it?

MetaMod just works at the level of modules. When you're setting up your menu in the Gavickpro template, do you set this up by creating a module and assigning it to a certain position? If so, there's a chance this can work.

If on the other hand you assign the menu to be displayed only by editing the template in the template manager (perhaps with a dropdown), then MetaMod can't help you because the menu is not a module. (and MetaMod deals with modules).

Could you possible e-mail me a copy of the template and I'll take a look at it for you?

If we can't get this working with MetaMod, then we can probably do a better job with MetaTemplate Pro. (I'll trade you MMP for MTP if this works). This allows you to selectively remove menu items on different pages or for different users/groups. In this way, you would put all your menu items into 1 menu, then for registered users you would remove some of the items, and for everyone else you would remove all the other items.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: