Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Metamod & Joomla 1.6

Metamod & Joomla 1.6

Hi,

Is Metamod compatible with Joomla 1.6? I've tried installing the new version but none of the options - show only to logged on user etc. - appear down the right side. I really need this to build my client an employee portal. I can't use 1.5 because I can't restrict access to certain features with the limited ACL.

I'm stuck here and it's looking increasingly likely that I can't do what I've been asked with Joomla which would be a first!

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

pjbursnall
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Metamod & Joomla 1.6

Sorry PJ, a Joomla 1.6 version will eventually be forthcoming, but I'm working on the MetaTemplate Pro port to 1.6 before the MetaMod one. At current progress is still quite a long way off - sorry.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

In fact, at this point, it may make more sense to simply focus on delivering the extensions for Joomla 1.7. The current schedule calls for Joomla 1.7 to be released on 10th July 2011, with the new feature freeze for Joomla 1.7 to occur on 1st June 2011.

So it may make more sense to focus on Joomla 1.7 then, especially given that Joomla has announced that Joomla 1.6 will be end of life at the end of Summer 2011. If your current schedule indicates that the new extensions will be out in July of 2011 or later, it will be much more preferable (at least from my point of view) that they come out for Joomla 1.7 because it will be more likely that they will be even that much easier to deliver for Joomla 1.8 (the next LTS release).

With the feature freeze on 1st June 2011, you can simply download the beta package for Joomla 1.7 and finalize your development on that.

Joe

Joe
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts

Yes, all good points. I had expected to have finished the port a couple of months ago, but as time goes by the 1.7 target looks more and more attractive.

Hopefully I'll find that the 1.6 and 1.7 versions are identical for my purposes anyway. We'll see...

Thanks for the input,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

MetaMod Pro is now available for Joomla 1.6/1.7
Chameleon is now available for Joomla 1.7 ONLY. Chameleon is the new name for MetaTemplate Pro.

You can find download and Buy Now links on the front page.

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: