Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Error because empty Javascript tag.

Error because empty Javascript tag.

Scince shortly I've got the following bug; "missing ; before statement". With Google I realized this error was generated because of an empty javascript tag. (<script src="/" type="text/javascript"></script>) After a careful excemination I came to realize this was because of ruleset Metatemplate - Virtuemartrules.

My question to you guys and gals is plain and simple, how do I fixed this problem or atleast knows to point me in the right direction.

mfactory
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Error because empty Javascript tag.

Hi mfactory,

Can I ask where you were getting the message about the "missing ; before statement"? Is that a PHP error being reported, or a JS error reported in the browser JS console?

Further from that, what makes you believe that it's due to the Virtuemart rules in MetaTemplate? These rules never actually output anything into the HTML source code of the page. It's possible that the SUCCEED actions are triggering other things that cause HTML output, but that's not quite the same thing. e.g. the rule may cause a different template to be used, which may have some offending javascript in it.

Interested in the process of tracking this down...

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: