Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Cannot get modules to display

Cannot get modules to display

Hi, I am trying to get my YTC VirtueMart slideshow to disappear when a user begins to browse items in the store and it was recommended to use metamod to do this. I have set my slideshow to be displayed on "none" in menu items. I have a metamod module enabled in the position that I want the module to be displayed in and only the home page selected, but nothing shows up. What am I missing?

I am using joomla 1.5.22, metamod 2.6.

Second question is will this solve my original problem. I have the slideshow module configured to only display on "home" but virtue mart is also displayed on "home" so they both show up when browsing.

Thank you for any help.

-Luke

aquarian_design
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Cannot get modules to display

Hi Luke,

with things like this, the devil is in the details. Let's just check on a few things:

Exactly which pages do you want the YTC module to appear on, and disappear on?
You mentioned the front page - is that a normal Joomla "frontpage" view, or is it a VirtueMart "frontpage" view?

My guess is that you want the YTC module on ONLY the front page (whichever type of page that is - you need to identify that), and NOT on any other pages. Correct?

Ok, let's say for sake of argument that you are using the VM front page view for the front page of your site, and that's the only page type that you want the module to display on.

1 - set up the MetaMod to display on ALL pages
2 - set up the YTC module to display on "none" pages
3 - make a note of the module id of the YTC module
4 - in the MetaMod, use the following rule:

$vm = JomGenius("virtuemart");
if ($vm->check("pagetype = frontpage")) return XXX;
// replace XXX with the module id of the YTC module

So what this does is that it will run this rule on every page, no matter what menu item it's on. [that's because VM often plays havoc with menu items, and this helps to catch it even if the menu items are messed up]
Then, it checks to see if you are on the VM front page. If you are, then it pulls in the YTC module and displays it.

Easy.

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Re: Cannot get modules to display

Thank you Stephen, you're a good guesser, that worked perfectly! I just needed it to display on the vm front page, which is what my front page is currently. Thank you!

aquarian_design
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today: