Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Remove modules to have more space?

Remove modules to have more space?

Hi, i have try metamod because i have in my template the virtuemart shopping card and my template have left & right positions, so the shopping card in the middle do not have enough space and all the text are very close causing mess-up. What i would like to do is removing the modules that i have on the right so to remove completely the right position but seems that with metamod i can manage to hide the modules from the right but the position stay there as empty. Is it possible to remove completely the position on a specific page?
Thanks

discjockey
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Remove modules to have more space?

Hi discjockey,

Yes, there is something you can do about it - MetaMod Pro smile

The long answer:

The left and right columns in most templates "collapse" if there are no modules published into that column. The template can query Joomla to find out how many modules are published there, and adjust themselves accordingly.

The problem is that MetaMod is a module, and has to be published into that position. It may or may not publish any other modules inside it, but the fact remains that there's always at least 1 module published inside that position - the MetaMod. Therefore the columns often will not collapse.

This was a very difficult problem to work around until MetaMod Pro came along. MetaMod Pro works deep inside Joomla, and completely removes the MetaMod module HTML from the page. Then, if MetaMod includes some modules, then they appear as normal. If it doesn't include any modules, then the MetaMod itself is completely removed from the page, and the module positions (like left and right) don't even see that it was published there.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

ps this is also a FAQ in the FAQ section.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: