Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

New virtuemart page(type)

New virtuemart page(type)

Hi,

I've added a new module to virtuemart, which has added new pagetype (checkout.paymentgateway).

I need to add this page to an existing rule, which sends all virtuemart pages to a specific template. How can I do so?

Thanks, Nathalie

mfactory
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: New virtuemart page(type)

Hi Nathalie,

that's a good question. I've never added a new page type before, but I think you can probably make a new rule and enter this in the PHP box:

if ($option == "com_virtuemart" and JRequest::getVar('page') == "checkout.paymentgateway" ) return true;

Now, I'm not 100% sure if the checkout pages work the same as the other types of pages, so please let me know if this doesn't work. If you can't get it to work, please post again and include the URL of the page that is using this page type.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

yes! that did the trick.. What a marvelous and powerfull component you've build.

Thanks,

Nathalie

mfactory
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Hi... I have also new page - account.favorite_products, and i'dont find the way to solve this... Any ideas, i try everything logical and i can't believe is no way to make this... Sorry for my english, thanks

mario7
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Mario,

you're using Chameleon, right?

If so you should be able to use this in the PHP box on the LEFT column of a Chameleon rule (i.e. not in the succeed or fail actions on the right):

if ($option == "com_virtuemart" and JRequest::getVar('page') == "account.favorite_products" ) return true;

Then set up the SUCCEED action to change the template or whatever.

Don't forget the Debug mode that's available in the Chameleon preferences (on the main Rule Chain page). Turn that on, then view the page as you try out different pages. You should see some info about what rules are being tried, and whether they succeeded or failed.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

That's right.. Thanks for help.

mario7
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts