Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Awesome Concept but with newest Rockettheme?

Awesome Concept but with newest Rockettheme?

I've searched high and low for the ability to add modules to pages where the article is on site my being on Hidden menu. What a weakness for Joomla. Hope sprung eternal upon finding MetaMod. I installed on my site with no problems. Configuration looked logical enough. To no avail. Not working at all.

Anything I could be doing wrong? My template is Rockettheme Versatility and isn't even that new and doesn't even use Gantry.

Thanks,

Kevin

kshayne
Director of Marketing
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Awesome Concept but with newest Rockettheme?

Hi kshayne,

Have you followed the Quick Start guide carefully?

http://www.metamodpro.com/metamod/quick-start

Also, turn on MetaMod debug mode and ensure that you're getting some output on the pages to which MetaMod is assigned [even if it's not including any other modules]. If you see some output then at least part of the setup is correct!

If you continue to have trouble, please write back and include some more about the setup within MetaMod, (e.g. contents of the PHP block, and anything else you set in it), and more of a description of what's happening. "Not working at all" is not a great description!

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

ps there are no known incompatibilities with RT Versatility. It's a good template and I have used it before with no problems.

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

I followed instructions. Here's a bit more detail other than the "it ain't working".

* I have a HIDDEN MENU - menu isn't published - items are
* Tried assigning MetaMod to all pages but not displaying anything even with DEBUG=ON
* The original assigned module to the MetMod module was a wrapper and thought maybe that was the issue. So, I created a test module with just some text - nope didn't display either.

Any ideas or info I can provide? Would love to get this working

Thanks,

Kevin

kshayne
Director of Marketing
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Kevin,

if you're not getting any output with MetaMod debug turned on, then that's the first and maybe the only problem.

Check:
- is it definitely assigned to some or all menu items? Try setting it to "all" just to test if that gives you any output.
- is it set to a module position that actually exists on your template?

The trick with MetaMod is that the MetaMod has to be assigned more or less like a normal module, but the modules that you want the MetaMod to include have to be disabled in some way (e.g. set to "none" menu items, or a non-existent module position) so that they don't show up unless MetaMod includes them.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Stephen,

Thanks for getting back so fast.

Yes - tried with all menu items (ALL) and also set to known menu position (actually tried two different ones - LEFT & BOTTOM-A).

I agree that the first problem is getting ANY activity.

Other information I can provide? Running Joomla 1.5.21; SH404SEF ver 1.0.20; K2 installed; PHP 5.2.16. Not sure what else I can tell you that may help. Maybe I need to unistall and then reinstall?

Not sure what else to try.

kshayne
Director of Marketing
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Kevin,

are you by any chance using the system cache plugin, or the caching in the Global Preferences? The system cache plugin in particular could be the problem as it will (not surprisingly) cache all the pages. Are you able to make changes to any other modules and see the changes reflected on the pages?

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: