Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

how to hide module title

how to hide module title

I want to show a module for iphone users only.  I added the code:

Code:

if ( $core_genius->check( "browser = iphone" ))

echo "We are dreaming";

this hides the content of the module for non-iphone users, however the title always shows weather your an iphone user or not.  How can i apply the rule to the title too?

Edited By: adnet23
22-Feb-11 12:25:21

adnet23
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: how to hide module title

Hi adnet23,

MetaMod is just a module (well it's a lot more too...) but if you assign it to a particular menu item then if you are showing its title, it can't remove its own title.

The standard thing to do is to turn the title OFF in the MetaMod, then if the module that it displays has its title turned on, then you will see *that* one, and only if that module is actually included.

You often need to work with the "style for included modules" dropdown and sometimes the "module class suffix" in order to get the right combination of elements for your setup/template/CSS.

If you can't get the right combination of those controls, then MetaMod Pro is the next port of call. With MetaMod Pro added, the MetaMod module disappears completely from the HTML output, leaving only the module(s) that the MetaMod includes. That tends to fix any/all HTML/CSS problems that occur when the included modules are "wrapped" inside the HTML of the MetaMod. Now, that's not always a problem, but I just wanted to mention that there's a solution available.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: