Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

How to stop a rule?

How to stop a rule?

Just got both pro extensions, though I only need the Template Pro for now. Wonderful extension indeed.

I've created a rule to work with specified landing page, following the steps in the video tutorial, but the template does not go back to the default one when I click on the site main URL. Basically, I only want a specified template to work with a specified menu item.

The designated template keeps running for the entire site once I visit the designated landing page.

How can I stop that rule to have it specific for the chosen landing page?

Best regards.
Ammar

Edited By: aalfouzan
20-Feb-11 20:13:01

aalfouzan
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: How to stop a rule?

Hi Ammar,

evidently you followed the instructions for how to set up a landing page so that the new template will last for the entire session...

If you simply want to target a certain page, then you only need 1 rule, not 2 as in the video that you followed.

In the 1 rule, you can just use the Menu selector inside the MetaTemplate rule to target that exact page.

If the given page is not a menu item in its own right (like an article that does not have a menu item) then you may have to get more creative with the rule -- e.g. you can specify articles by article ID, or use some of the VirtueMart options if you are using VM, or detect some or all of the exact URL.

Whichever way you do it, there's no need to set the cookie or session variable, and no need to detect a cookie or session variable in any of the rules.

Does that help?

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Thank you very much Stephen for your support. It works well with one rule as you said, but I still have issues that I can't adjust.

Basically I'm using MetaTemplate for a specific Review component, as I want to have another template only for this component.

So, I created a rule under Menu Handling/Include Reviews menu.
Succeed: Default Menu=Home - Active Menu=Reviews - Unpublish Menu=All but the Reviews menu; and Redirect page to Reviews; and stop.

So far it works good, and the new template keeps working for submitting new Reviews and so on, but when I click on already submitted reviews, the default template shows up.

The Reviews component saves Reviews as component/content/article/.. with an id for each category of the 15 total categories. So, for airline the id is /30-airlines/..

So, I need the rule to work for all categories, contents and articles of the Reviews component, and with whatever selected language as I have 10 different languages.

I tried further setting Section and Categories by choosing all what relate to Reviews, but the rule didn't work in this case. I can't set Component, because I'm using it on another menu which should keep using the default template.

Thanks in advance.

aalfouzan
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Hi aalfouzan,

Can I ask if this is for JReviews? Or a different component? I do have a copy of JReviews so if it is that then I can do some experimenting.

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Yes it is for JReviews.

Best regards.
Ammar

aalfouzan
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Hi Ammar, sorry it's taking a while to respond. I'll work on this tomorrow.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

It's Ok Stephen. I have dropped the initial project for which I wanted to use MetaTemplate. However, if you find a solution, it will help as a reference.

Best regards.
Ammar

aalfouzan
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Hi Ammar,

I just tried detecting JReviews pages according to category. It worked - I made a rule that just selected all articles in category "computers" which is one of the categories dedicated to JReviews on my test system. It successfully triggered the rule to succeed.

Perhaps the problem was that a previous rule caused the rule chain to stop processing?

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: