Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

MetaTemplate Pro and sh404SEF

MetaTemplate Pro and sh404SEF

I have created a single Joomla site for a parent company, with 2 different templates for 2 divisions of that company.

Using Joomla's default "Assign template to menu" function worked fine, until I applied sh404SEF, then everything went wrong.

So I heard MetaTemplate Pro could sort all of that out, but I haven't had much success so far.

I created 2 rules, one for each template.  Under Menu Handling, I selected Include selected items and their children, and selected the menu for that template.  Then in the Success box, I selected the proper template, and Process next rule in the chain.

What I get is my content with the default template, which is not 1 of the 2 I created, and not the correct one for either situation.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  Thanks in advance.

xclntdesign
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: MetaTemplate Pro and sh404SEF

Hi xclntdesign,

Hmmm... if sh404SEF is breaking the assignment between menu items and templates, then it sounds like sh404SEF is messing up the Itemid assignments. This is not good. This will also break the same functionality within MetaTemplate (at least, the "menu item" selection box).

I don't know if there's anything you can do about the underlying problem (lack of Itemids), but sh404SEF should *not* be causing this problem. (i.e. if they are causing it then they should fix it!).

On the other hand, there will be ways to work around this with MetaTemplate, so never fear, we'll get it working for you.

For a start, can you please switch on MetaTemplate Debug mode (which is in the Preferences panel on the MetaTemplate Rule Chain page), pull up the page on the front end that should have switched templates, and post the Debug results onto the forum here? I'll be interested to see what it says... we'll see where we can go from there.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

I looked int it, and yes the ItemID was missing.

So I purged my sh404SEF URLs, and visited the 2 different home pages, adding the Itemid to each URL and had sh404SEF rebuild the links and everything seems to be working great.

Thank you so very much!

xclntdesign
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Oh, that's a relief! I'm glad you found the underlying problem.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: