Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

extendedrules.php error

extendedrules.php error

Hi, when I a want to assign a template to a menulink wrapper, what settings do I have to use exactly? I get this error message on the frontend:

Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /var/www/vhosts/xxxxx.xx/httpdocs/plugins/metatemplate/extendedrules.php on line 279

Joomla 1.5.22
ModTemplatePro 1.11

JaapV
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: extendedrules.php error

Hi Jaap,

thanks for reporting the error. I *think* this occurs only when you have selected "#IGNORE#" as well as one or more menu items. Try just selecting 1 menu or menu item and see if the problem disappears.

What version of MetaTemplatePro are you using? I haven't managed to replicate the problem.

I just tested making a menu item of "wrapper" that wrapped an external URL. I then made a rule in MetaTemplatePro that detects that menu item, by selecting that menu item in the "Menus and Menu Item(s)" select box. This worked fine.

When debugging your MetaTemplate rules, don't forget the Debug Mode. You can turn that on from the Preferences pane that's available on the MetaTemplate Rule Chain page. When you turn that on, you get to see a list of all the conditions that MetaTemplate checked, and what the results were. I hope that this will help you to diagnose what's going on.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Re: extendedrules.php error

Thx for the reply. The error is gone. You were right; my mistake. But I encountered a new problem with assigning a tempplate to a section. I have started a new topic.

JaapV
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today: