Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Popup issue

Popup issue

Hi again Stephen:)

So, I´ve once again run into problems..
Here´s the setup;
The first rule I´m using, checks if a certain page is being visited, and if so, sets a given template and sets session variable A.
The second rule finds this variable, and so, the template is kept for every page afterwards.
This works flawlessly until a popupwindow is used..
Shadowbox, lytebox, colorbox, squeezebox all render the same result.

It seems the popup window destoys the sessionvariable?
Have you any idea what is causing this, or better yet, how to avoid the behaviour?

Hope you can shed some light on the issue.

apollo123
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
17 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Popup issue

Oooh, that sounds nasty. From what you describe, it does sound like these popup windows are destroying the current session (perhaps by making a new one).

Can you point me in the direction of one of the popups that you mention so that I can download it and take a look?

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Yes.
Shadowbox is the one I´ve been using mostly.
It can be found here: http://www.shadowbox-js.com/

Modalizer from Peter van Westen, includes all of the mentioned popups.
So that might be easier to use for testing them all, although I´m not sure if modalizer itself does anything with the session.

I have tested with Shadowbox standalone and with modalizer, the result being the same.

Have a nice day,

Julian

apollo123
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
17 Posts

Ok, thanks, I will test these and report back. Thanks for providing the info.

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Have done some more testing, and I have concluded this is being caused by the content that is loaded, not the popup or metatemplate.
I have no idea why this is happening, but I don´t want to waste any of your time trying to figure that out.

If relevant, I will post back my findings:)

Have a nice day,

Julian

apollo123
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
17 Posts

Julian,

I installed Modalizer, and set up a link in an article on the site, to another article on the site. I added the "modal" class to the link.

The modal was of type "shadowbox".

Then I set up 2 rules in MetaTemplate. In the 1st rule I set no conditions, but just got the SUCCEED action to set session variable 1. I then viewed a page, just to trigger it and set the variable. Then I disabled this rule.

I created a second rule to detect session variable A, then turned on MetaTemplate debugging (it's in the preferences panel for MetaTemplate).

Now when I view any page I see from the debug output that session variable A is detected.

I then tried the modal window link. Even the modal window has the MetaTemplate output - "session variable found". Then when I go back to the original page and refresh it, the session variable is still found.

Therefore, from this test I think that there's no fundamental incompatibility between Modalizer and the session variables.

Could it be something in your list of rules that's resetting the session variables as part of the rule, when one of the popup pages is appearing?

Also, is your domain name always the same? If it jumps around between the www and non-www version of the domain name, for example, you might be losing the session that way.

Still puzzled...

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

I know, I know:) -It was me:)
The content I was using in the popup was calling its own template, and that messed everything up.
Fortunately it was an easy fix. Everything is now working as I had hoped:)

Thank you for your time and sorry for not checking this first (It just didn´t come to mind..)

Have a nice day,

Julian

apollo123
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
17 Posts

Ok, that's no problem Julian. You have a nice day too.

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: