Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Cant get Metamod started

Cant get Metamod started

I have an issue where I needed to install metamod to make some modules only appear on the front page. I have installed metamod bu nothing seems to be happening. I downloaded and paid for metamod pro, installed it but thats it. Nothing appears anywhere..

I did a while back install metamod (nonpro) and seemed to use it fine. What have I not done?

RT, Mynxx, VM, Joomla 1.5 stable

Edited By: firkindesign
07-Feb-11 17:08:56

firkindesign
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Cant get Metamod started

Hi firkindesign,

the Pro version is basically set-and-forget - it doesn't give you any additional interface. All the magic is done behind the scenes, changing the way that the MetaMod module interacts with the template and the rest of the system.

What you do need to do (as per instructions you should have received with the MetaMod Pro download) is to install it first, then enable the MetaMod Pro plugin, in the Plugin Manager (very important!).

Now, as for detecting the Front Page so you can target modules to there:
If the front page of your site is the standard "frontpage" blog-style view, then use the following recipe:

if ( $core_genius->check("pagetype = frontpage") ) return XXX;
// replace XXX with the module id or module position to display

If you are using some other page type as your front page (e.g. an article or something else) then you may need to turn on MetaMod advanced debug mode to get some parameters from that page that you can use in the PHP recipe. Please ask if you need any help with that.

Hope that clarifies things,
best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: