Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Metamod with RSS feed content? Is is possible?

Metamod with RSS feed content? Is is possible?

If I use Metamod to enable menu that appears when a person signs in to the site, can I get RSS feed from the content somehow. Content would be public and assigned to the menu that appears when signing in. I tried this but could not get RSS feed from a menuitem that appear with the help of Metamod.

RSS feed cannot be received from Registered content to my knowledge. I though I'd use Metamod to go around this issue, but still the RSS Feed is empty. Any ideas how to use Metamod to get RSS feed from public but not normally visible content?

Amy

mattian
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Metamod with RSS feed content? Is is possible?

Hi Amy,

I'm not 100% sure what you mean. Can you perhaps explain a bit more, possibly with the use of some URLs to illustrate?

When you talk about RSS feeds, do you mean the automatic RSS feeds that show up in the browser bar (at least in Safari...) when you are viewing a category or section page? If so, are you saying that these *don't* appear if the menu item appeared as a result of MetaMod?

You said "Any ideas how to use Metamod to get RSS feed from public but not normally visible content? " -- again, are you talking about the automatic feeds, or about some kind of RSS module that you are displayed?

Puzzled,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

I actually got it working! Yes I mean RSS Feeds that can be received from normal Joomla Blogs. Normally you can get RSS feeds from public content only (not content for Registered users). I went around this issue by using Metamod to show up a menu after the member has signed in. This menu is public but not showing up unless signed in. This way I can make RSS feeds available for members only. Content is not really hidden but not really showing either.

Amy

mattian
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Now that’s smart! Well done.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

smilesmile

mattian
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts: