Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

can sb help me with a module problem

can sb help me with a module problem

I have a problem with modules and menus. I have a menu called statistic and there I put an external links for joomleague ( results, events, ranking etc ) I put it as an external because otherwise I can't put the link for the specified page ( ranking etc. ). Then in the modules, I want to put one banner to be shown only in the menu statistic. I forgot to say that in the menu I have an internal link to an article. So the problem is that the banner module is shown only in the article page which is internal and does not shown in the external link for the joomleague. Can sb help me how to make ,with metamod, the banner to be shown and in external links.
Thanks in advance.

Edited By: play3rbg
12-Dec-10 12:37:26

play3rbg
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: can sb help me with a module problem

Hi play3rbg,

I think I understand what you are saying. Could you possibly send some URLs for the different pages that you are talking about? e.g. one for the "internal" page and one for the "external"? -- at least, include the URLs for the different pages that you want to put modules onto.

Also I think you will find it useful to use the MetaMod Advanced Debug mode. This will display some PHP code which you can adapt and use to identify these particular pages. Feel free to paste some of the output from the advanced debug mode into the forum, if you want some advice on how to use it.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

http://avl-bg.com/component/joomleague/ … g&p=2+ - This is the external ... link copied from Fronend Links from JoomLeague comp.

http://avl-bg.com/warnings.html - This is internal ... a normal link to an article

The module РЕКЛАМА with the banner of sportingbet is set to be shown in the front page and all the menus on the left side Обща, Индивидуална, Дисциплинарни наказания ... but is shown only in the internal links ( articles ) not in the joomleague pages ( which are external ).
I don't understand anything about the metamod and how to use it. What is this debug mode and is it possible to do what i want with metamod

play3rbg
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Hi play3rbg,

The debug mode is available when you are editing a MetaMod. It's one of the parameters on the right-hand side.

In your case, you can target the page with the "func=showRanking" part of the URL like this:

if ( JRequest::getVar('func') == 'showRanking') return XXX;
// replace XXX with the module id for the РЕКЛАМА module.

You do need to understand and follow the instructions on the Quick Start guide as well:
http://www.metamodpro.com/metamod/quick-start

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: