Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

 

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

 

How to show one module if another module is not showing?

How to show one module if another module is not showing?

Hello,
First of all thanks for this great Joomla extension!
Ok my problem: I am building a site that displays the site logo in a slideshow, and this slideshow is showing on  80% of this site. But for the remaining 20% of the site I don't want to show the slideshow, instead I want to show a custom html module with the logo in it.
So is it possible to make a rule in Metamod, that forces one module to show if another module is not showing on that page?
I am running on Joomla 1.5.14 and have the latest MetaMod module installed.

Thanks!

lukas85
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
Offline
4 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: How to show one module if another module is not showing?

Hey that's a great idea for a recipe... I'll knock something together for that and put it in the "recipes" section tomorrow.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
Offline
3328 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: How to show one module if another module is not showing?

Sounds great smile
I was looking at "Show modules on all submenus of a menu item" recipe and is there a way to make it work on all submenus of a menu item, but not on the menu item itself?
For example: I have a menu item called "Sports" then I have submenus "Ice-hockey" and "Soccer". If I would like to just show the module on all the submenus, in this example "ice-hockey" and "soccer" is this possible? In the recipe you currently have it also shows on "Sports" which is something i dont want for my website.

Thanks!!

lukas85
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
Offline
4 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: How to show one module if another module is not showing?

(1) I updated the recipe page for showing modules on a menu item and all its children. There's now a variation of the recipe that just shows modules on the children:

Show modules on all submenus of a menu item

(2) Check out the new recipe for showing a module on all pages that another module is not already showing on:

Show a module on every page that another module does not appear

Thanks for suggesting these!

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
Offline
3328 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: How to show one module if another module is not showing?

Thanks for these recipes, I might think of some new ones for you soon wink

lukas85
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
Offline
4 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:
 
Total Topics:
1679
Total Polls:
6
Total Posts:
5933
Posts this week:
4
User Info:
 
Total Users:
4378
Newest User:
miller2341
Members Online:
3
Guests Online:
152


Forum Legend:

 Topic
 New
 Locked
 Sticky
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked