Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

MetaTemplate Pro - Selecting a Template based on a Menu Selection

MetaTemplate Pro - Selecting a Template based on a Menu Selection

Hi,

I am trying to setup MetaTemplate Pro rules.  Here is my requirement, I have two templates (A&B)and would like to switch based on a selection of a menu. A is the default.

For e.g. in the Main Menu, I have menu item called 'Products'. When the user clicks on the Products link, would like to switch over to the template B. I have setup a menuitem in the main menu and set up a rule in MetaTemplate rules. I selected the menu item in 'Menu handling' and setup a Success template and Failure template (which is default). I presume that the rule is event driven i.e after the event has happened. Is my understanding correct? Have I missed some steps.

FYI - I checked that the Metatemplate plugin is on the top of the plugin list (i am not using sh404sef). Unfortunately, I cannot give you a link as it is on a local machine.

I also tried the Joomla core route of menu assignment.

Thanks in advance for the help.
- Ganesh

ush_gan
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: MetaTemplate Pro - Selecting a Template based on a Menu Selection

Hi,

Further to my earlier post. Need help on MetaTemplate Pro. I did some more research from the forum and tried the various suggestions specifically on switching of templates based on a menu selection. Here are the steps

A) Created a menu item under the main menu A. Mainmenu->Item2
B) Create a sub menu item called Products. Mainmenu->Item2->Products
C) In the Metatemplate rule, I selected the Item2 (Menus and menu Items) and also 'Included selected items and their children' in the dropdown.
D) In the template drop down, I selected the Template B (Template A is default).
E) I have also assigned Template B to the Main Menu B.
F) The templates in use are from Joomlart.

When I select Item2, it does not switch to the Template B. Please let me know if I have missed out some steps or should I include code in the advanced PHP.

Meanwhile, I had installed sh404SEF. As per your suggestion in an another thread, I have changed the order number in the plugin list. System SEF is -100, sh404SEF is -95 and Metatemplate is -90.

FYI - Going by your suggestion, I had chosen "Beez' as the failure template. This gets fired at the initial startup of the page. The rule is firing at the initial processing stage.

Thanks.

Ganesh

ush_gan
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Re: MetaTemplate Pro - Selecting a Template based on a Menu Selection

Hi Ganesh,

I'm going to e-mail you a Beta copy of MetaTemplate Pro v1.8. This has an option to turn on debugging, which shows a list of all the checks that MetaTemplate does as it is going through the rules. In this way you may be able to diagnose what's going on. It's possible that sh404SEF has something to do with it, but we'll soon see!

You can turn on debugging mode in the main MetaTemplate "preferences" panel, which you can find when you are on the page with the Rule Chain on it.

Please let me know how you get on!

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: