Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Compatibility with K2 / K2Mart

Compatibility with K2 / K2Mart

Just wanting to know if MetaMod and MetaTemplate are compatible with the K2 and K2Mart (extra vars for VirtueMart) components.

kalqlate
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Compatibility with K2 / K2Mart

Hi,

I've tested MetaMod and MetaTemplate with K2, and they work fine.

I haven't tested with K2Mart.

There is explicit VirtueMart support in both MetaMod and MetaTemplate by virtue of JomGenius's VM support (plus even more in MetaTemplate Pro), and a certain amount of the functionality assumes that the VM products exist in the VM database tables.

Specifically, requesting the following information accesses the VM database tables directly:

- any JomGenius parameters that request specific information about a product (e.g. manufacturer id, vendor id, product sku, product description, etc)
- any additional information about the manufacturer (though K2Mart possibly still uses the manufacturer tables in VM... I'm not sure)
- shopper group information (again, K2Mart may still use the VM database tables for this)
- shopper user information (addresses etc) - again, K2Mart may still use the VM database tables for this
- the VM category/section information. If this information cannot be derived from the URL, then the VM database tables are searched for this information. I don't know how K2 handles this sort of category information, whether the categories are VM ones, or derived only from the K2 category/section structure. I assume the latter, which means that the VM category detection in JomGenius would not work with K2Mart.

Having said all that, all this means is that some of the JomGenius functions for detecting sections/categories and product information can't be used. MetaMod and MetaTemplate can still use PHP configuration (recipes) that can work around any of these problems. If there are particular things you need to be able to do, post about them here and we'll endeavour to help.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Re: Compatibility with K2 / K2Mart

Hi, Stephen.

Hmmm. I see now that all of the glorious things that have been written about you, your product, and your support are all true. Thank you, and kudos to you for being the model to what I and others should strive for. I will be posting my own review of your products (which will most likely be as stellar as all of the others) after I've used them for awhile.

This is great information. I'm sure that I will be able to create appropriate recipes as required. It's nice to know, though, that that super metamodguy is here to support me if and when the need arises.

kalqlate
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant: