Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Docman and VirtueMart ricept

Docman and VirtueMart ricept

I need help for hide mod_custom, mod_acajoom, mod_roktabs, mod_rokstories, mod_roknewspager, mod_poll, mod_roknavmenu, mod_joomimg in all VirtueMart (Checkout, Category, Products, Products Details, Registration, Forgot password and Forgot Username) pages and all DocMan pages. I useing two different languages on my site.

Joomla v1.5.22
VirtueMart v1.1.5
DocMan v1.5.8
JoomSEF v3.7.5
Homepage: www.erntesky.com

I try few VirtueMart ricept but is not working for me, nothing happening. Please help me, Thank you!

erntesky
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Docman and VirtueMart ricept

Hi erntesky,

Here's one good way to do it.

1 - let's say that all the modules that you want to hide are in positions "left" and "right".

2 - edit all of the modules - edit the ones that are in "left" and change the position to "left-metamod". Change all the ones that are in "right" into "right-metamod".

3 - create a new metamod in the "left" position, and use the following recipe:

$vm = JomGenius("virtuemart");
if ( $option == "com_docman" or $vm->check("pagetype startswith checkout") or $vm->check("pagetype = shop.browse, shop.product_details") or $core_genius->check("pagetype = reset, remind") or JRequest::getVar("page") == "shop.registration" ) return "left-metamod";

4 - do the same with the right column, except at the end of it, return "right-metamod";

The 2 MetaMods have to be enabled.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Thank you very much Stephen! I will try and i will write here whats happend. I hope is really help me. smile

erntesky
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Hi Stephen

Im not understand your ricept fully.

1 - let's say that all the modules that you want to hide are in positions "left" and "right". I understand this and I want hide modules in sidebar-a, and maintop-a position.

sidebar-a : mod_poll, mod_mainmenu, mod_joomimg

maintop-a : mod_jnewsletter, mod_custom, mod_roktabs

2 - edit all of the modules - edit the ones that are in "left" and change the position to "left-metamod". Change all the ones that are in "right" into "right-metamod". Im not understand this step, because when i try edit modules what is in sidebar-a and maintop-a pisition. I havent find sidebar-a-metamod, and maintop-a-metamod positions. How can i do it?

3 - create a new metamod in the "left" position, and use the following recipe. What metamod, or how I can make new metamod in the "left" = sidebar-a, or maintop-a position?

So what I want? I want hide this modules in DocMAN and VirtueMart (registration, checkout, products, products details, cart etc...)

sidebar-a position: mod_poll, mod_mainmenu, mod_joomimg

maintop-a position: mod_jnewsletter, mod_custom, mod_roktabs

Im so sorry why im not understand you Stephen and thanks your help!

erntesky
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Hi erntesky,

When you edit a module, there's a dropdown for the different module positions, as you know. But, you can also type directly on top of the module position name, and make a new name! Many people don't know this... That's how you can assign a module to a new name like "right-metamod" or "sidebar-a-metamod".

So in your case, edit each of the modules that are in "sidebar-a" and change the module position name to "sidebar-a-metamod". Then edit all the modules in "maintop-a" and change them to "maintop-a-metamod".

Then, create a new MetaMod module in the "sidebar-a" position, and one in the "maintop-a" position.
To create new modules, go to the module manager, click on "New", then click on "MetaMod".

Then use this recipe in the metamod in the sidebar-a position:

if ( $option == "com_docman" or $vm->check("pagetype startswith checkout") or $vm->check("pagetype = shop.browse, shop.product_details") or $core_genius->check("pagetype = reset, remind") or JRequest::getVar("page") == "shop.registration" ) return "sidebar-a-metamod";

and this recipe in the metamod in the maintop-a position:

if ( $option == "com_docman" or $vm->check("pagetype startswith checkout") or $vm->check("pagetype = shop.browse, shop.product_details") or $core_genius->check("pagetype = reset, remind") or JRequest::getVar("page") == "shop.registration" ) return "maintop-a-metamod";

I hope that makes more sense now.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: