Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Front page blank

Front page blank

Hi

After installing MetaTemplate my front page became blank, no errors, just nothing.  Disabling the plugin restored normal service.

The front page has JEvents Latest and Properties Latest, Search and Carousel.  However, other pages with the Properties modules load OK.  The JEvents main page is OK, but I have no other Latest events page to try it on.

Rokbox is also called on the front page (I want to display articles in it with a simple template), but disabling it made no difference. The site uses SH404SEF.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Adam

Adlew
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Front page blank

Hi Adam,

sorry to hear you're having problems with this.

Can you please try a few things:
1 - make sure that the SH404SEF plugin is above the MT plugin in the list of system plugins (i.e. a lower order number, making it appear higher on the list)
2 - turn on maximum error reporting in the Global Configuration. That's to try to get the blank screen to give you some more of an error message
3 - turn on the system debug plugin
4 - just in case it's an "out of memory" error can you perhaps increase the PHP memory limit?
5 - check the apache error logs in case there's anything reported in there
6 - try disabling any other plugins and modules that would be operational on the page that's giving you the blank screen. This would include any "content" plugins, not just system ones.

There have been a couple of other people reporting blank screen issues, but I just haven't got to the bottom of it yet. I thought that CommunityBuilder was a common factor, but it isn't in your case. I would really like to find out what's going on.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: