Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Show/hide menu items for public or registered users

Show/hide menu items for public or registered users

I have bought the MetaMod Pro plogin and now i would like to show/hide a login meny item in the menu whether a user is logged in or not.
If the site is for public the log in link shall appear in the menu and when the user is logged in the Login link shall disappear and a Log out link shall appear instead.
In the recipes section "Show a different menu depending on whether a user is logged in or not" there's an explanation to this but I don't understand how to create the second menu (the one for the logged in users). How do i make menu items as aliases in order to prevent SEF errors that are described there?
Or is there any other way to hide/show a simpe menu item when logged in/out?
I would love if someone could tell me how to do it.

LAMF
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Show/hide menu items for public or registered users

Hi LAMF,

To create a new menu that's a nearly-duplicate of another one:

1 - create the new menu itself.
2 - start creating new menu items. For each menu item, make it of type "Alias" (the last one on the list). Link each one to the original menu item on the other menu, using the "Menu Item" dropdown on the right. Name each one the same as the original. I don't think the "Alias" field (blow the title) matters too much, so you can make it the same as the original I think.
3 - (Of course, you need to add a "real" menu item for any extras you want to add to just this menu).
4 - In the end, you have a second menu, whose menu items are almost all just aliases of the menu items on the other menu.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: