Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Fatal Error

Fatal Error

Hi,

I installed MetaMod Pro on my joomla site, i used MetaMod Free, but when I activate the plug-in I get a Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JModuleHelper in /home/classyac/public_html/plugins/system/module2url.php on line 144

Can you help ?

Regards
Pascal

pvertanessian
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Fatal Error

I have a feeling that the module2url plugin is using a bad technique for accessing the Module Helper class, that's conflicting with MetaMod Pro. This is usually easy to fix, just requiring a single line change to the extension concerned (I've had to track this down on a few other components).

Can you point me to a place where I can download module2url?

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Second thoughts - I just had a look at the documentation for module2url and it looks like they have created their own Module Helper class. Without some reprogramming on their part this is just not going to co-exist with MetaMod Pro.

If you want to use MMP then you will have to turn off module2url unfortunately.

On the plus side, it's easy to incorporate URL detection into MetaMod:

if ($core_genius->check("url = http://www.mysite.com/my/page") ) return XXX;
// replace XXX with module id to include.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

Here is the file : http://rapidshare.com/files/427850646/module2url.php

Best regards Pascal

NB : Just for fun, i'm also born on 12/31 but 10 years before you wink

pvertanessian
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

metamodguy wrote:

Without some reprogramming on their part this is just not going to co-exist with MetaMod Pro.

If you want to use MMP then you will have to turn off module2url unfortunately.

I will check also

Thanks
Pascal

pvertanessian
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Hi Pascal,

thanks for the file - it's interesting to see how they did this. I have respect for the way that they did the class override - they have definitely tried hard to do it the best way possible - but it still conflicts with MetaMod Pro (and Advanced Module Manager, and T3v2 templates, etc...)

It would be great if the module2url folks could use the modified module helper class that Peter van Westen and I came up with - then they could just make a plugin to add their own functionality. Do you want to get in touch with them and suggest that they contact me about doing so?

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

Should be done this week. I'll advise
Best Regards
Pascal

pvertanessian
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

I was wondering if theres a list somewhere of modules/plugins that conflict with MMP as I'm having the same issue? ...except mine is with the Joomla helper file:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JModuleHelper in /home/webxoti1/public_html/webxotic-designs.com/libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php on line 30

baparks
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts

Hi baparks,

I did have a list some time ago but it's very likely that it's out of date by now, as many 3rd party extensions have come and gone since then.

It's usually due to an extension directly loading the Joomla module helper class rather than using the official class loader system.

In the past I've seen issues with some older versions of BreezingForms (aka FacileForms), some older versions of the JoomlArt T3 template system (now fixed in later versions), older versions of Advanced Module Manager (now fixed in later versions), and others I can't remember.

If you can afford to disrupt your site temporarily, then I'd suggest switching off all non-core content and system plugins except for the MetaMod Pro one, and see if that makes a difference. If that makes the problem disappear, switch them back on one by one until it breaks again, and you'll have your culprit.

Sorry it's hard to diagnose more than that without access to the server.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

p.s. are you using MetaModPro for 1.5 or 1.6?

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: