Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Show Module for Un-Registered Only?

Show Module for Un-Registered Only?

I followed the Quick Start, putting the module I want in a separate position, that's not on the template. Then set the "Show Quick Modules to..." Unregistered Only (or Non-Logged in) and the added the position to the Quick Module Position or iD box. Set the Pages it shows to "None", Erm, Now what?

Expi1
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Show Module for Un-Registered Only?

I am having the same problem with the latest metamod module. I have used this module before successfully but cannot get this latest version to work. I have created a module pointing to a breezingform form and I have not assigned a menu item. I then created a metamod module and pointed it to the id of the breezingform module above. It is a timed form for a take-away menu. I cannot for the life of me get it to display. Any ideas?

alexwalker
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts

Expi1:
- The "target" module needs to be either unpublished, or in a non-existant module position, or on "none" pages.
- The MetaMod needs to be published, and in a proper module position, and set to either "all" pages or whichever menu items (pages) that you want the target to appear on.

Alex:
- Can you please post any PHP that you used?
- If you turn on Debug mode, are you seeing debug output on the pages that the MetaMod was assigned to? Does it say that it's including a module?
- Is the MetaMod itself published and set to the appropriate menu items that the target module is to appear on?

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Stephen
I have entered just the start and end time of 10:00 and 02:00 and it came up with this message:
MetaMod debug info:
Module ID: 21
$option: com_content
$view: frontpage
$id:
$Itemid: 1
$timezone: Europe/London
$language: en-gb
$language_code: en
$language_region: gb
Start date/time has been reached.
End date/time has already passed.

I have not entered a date before. It does state that it will display the module every day at the same time.
Regards
Alex

alexwalker
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts

Stephen
Because I rely on this module for take away web sites, I decided to purchase the Pro module. As sson as I installed it the module worked ! Not sure if this is a marketing ploy on your part Haha. Anyway, the module is great ! Please could you send m the php code of how to say the module should be displayed Mon to Fri 18:00 to 03:00 and Sat and Sun 18:00 to 02:00. Thanks

alexwalker
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts

I spoke to soon ! I had it working and then it stopped working for some reason. I put a past time in the start time so I could see the form (Breezingform module) in action. It worked fine for a couple of times and then when I changed the time to a past time, it did not display. Any ideas?
MetaMod debug info:
Module ID: 21
$option: com_content
$view: frontpage
$id:
$Itemid: 1
$timezone: Europe/London
$language: en-gb
$language_code: en
$language_region: gb
Start date/time has been reached.
End date/time has already passed.

alexwalker
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts

Hi Alex,

I think that the problem may have been that with a start time of 10:00 and an end time of 02:00, MetaMod was getting confused because the end time appears to be *before* the start time.

Anyway there's a more powerful way of specifying times and days that doesn't have this problem. It's described here: http://www.metamodpro.com/jomgenius/par … intimespan

You want the module to be displayed Mon to Fri 18:00 to 03:00 and Sat and Sun 18:00 to 02:00:

if ( $core_genius->inTimeSpan("mon 18:00 - tue 03:00; tue 18:00 - wed 03:00; wed 18:00 - thu 03:00; thu 18:00 - fri 03:00; fri 18:00 - sat 03:00; sat 18:00 - sun 02:00; sun 18:00 - mon 02:00") ) return XXX;

// replace XXX with the module id to include at those times.

I had to spell out all the days and times explicitly, because the time spans crossed midnight. But you can see how easy it is to specify exact days and times.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Stephen, absolutely correct. I didn't think to try times before midnight e.g. 08:00 - 23:00. I can see how spanning into the next day could be a problem without spelling it out in the php code. Having said that the code you provided works a treat and the pro version removes the module heading which is excellent. If anyone needs a timed module such as a take-away form, then metamod is the one to use. Excellent. Thank you.

alexwalker
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts

Stephen, the metamod module stopped working for me until I entered a start date (freeform) of today and an end date (freeform) of 1999-01-01. Would that be correct ?

alexwalker
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts

Hi Alex,

the system treats "01-01-1999" the same as "1 Jan 1999" and several other variants, so the format is fine.

However, it's strange that setting an end date of 1999 would actually make the MetaMod work! Try turning on Debug mode and see what it says about whether the start and end dates have passed. I think there's something strange going on.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: