Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

rockettheme gantry

rockettheme gantry

Hello Metatemplate Guy,

Have you any reports that this extension does not work with Rockettheme Gantry?   We had this working (you had it working)  just by installing the extension - no setup whatsoever.  With normal joomla/virtuemart templates.

We need to change it to rockettheme gantry template and now it does not work.

But once you click on a product it begins to dance around the different templates:  (it is not showing the default template here - but the last one added)  if that makes any difference.

The odd thing is - this was not doing it for a long time everything work fine. 

Some work was done on virtuemart shipping module to accommodate fedex module and a custom module was created to offer free items in checkout. There is a little hacking in a few virtuemart checkout files - but this started switching around templates before checkout.

We thought we were almost done.   lol 

Nothing else changed and it just stopped working correctly.

Any suggestions?     

Thank you.

A.

Edited By: AngelinaC
18-Oct-10 19:38:43

AngelinaC
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
26 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: rockettheme gantry

I've sent you a PM about this - also I put some questions on the other thread that may help to identify the problem:

http://www.metamodpro.com/forums/topic?id=367

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Angelina,

it appears that you haven't set up any rules in MetaTemplate at all. What you are seeing is actually normal (though bad) VirtueMart behaviour.

You have assigned the different templates to menu items using the standard Joomla template manager. This associates particular templates to particular "Itemids". You can see the Itemids in action on the different URLs that you click on.

Itemid 188 is the Itemid assigned to the "Hair Care" menu item. You've assigned the rt_omnicron_j15 template to that Itemid.

Whenever you click on on item on the nice product chooser, the link URL has "Itemid=188" in it. This is VirtueMart being bad... it's not keeping the same Itemid as the page that is being viewed previously. So what's happening is that when it gets through to the product view page, Joomla gives the page the rt_omnicron_j15 template because of the Itemid 188.

What I suggest is that you don't use the standard Joomla template manager for assigning templates to menu items. Use the VM support in MetaTemplate to assign particular templates for each VM category.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,  I answered the questions on the other post you linked.  And I have downloaded latest templatepro - 1.7.

sorry for all the double posting.   If you have my old pm - you still have the same login if you want to look - Thanks

It did stop going all random - once I started assigning rules - but it isn't going for the default panacea through checkout - I guess that's the only prob now.  maybe I haven't set that up correctly.

As a matter of fact it is also working - with the panacea gantry settings - I have two different color choices in front page / supplies page - both off panacea and its working great!

AngelinaC
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
26 Posts

ok, let's keep this in one thread. I replied on the other thread...

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: