Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Show modules title

Show modules title

I have installed MetaMod. Had a 30 minute 'discussion' with it, and came out as the winner. I really really like this module. For me it's a must have when you have a VM shop.
However I have one issue left, (how) can I show the Title of the included module?

baroen
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Show modules title

Hi, I do believe you just need to go to the Module you are showing through Metamod and select "show title - Yes" from the options. Either this or use the Metamod and show the title the same way.

jenlu
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

It also depends a bit on how your template is set up. Sometimes a module position is set up in such a way that the module titles are never shown, and you can't override that by turning on the titles in the included modules.

But for most cases, Jenlu's advice is perfect. Thanks Jenlu!

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks for replying both,

I selected the wrong 'style for included modules'.
The title is displayed now, but just as plain tekst. Any ideas how I can get it shown as my other titles (Red bar and white characters)?

baroen
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Hi Baroen,

I think you're experiencing CSS issues due to the fact that your target module is now nested inside another module (the MetaMod). This often means that your CSS isn't able to properly target the inner module, to style it properly.

You can try:
1 - set a random CSS class suffix for the MetaMod. This *may* be able to convince the CSS code that the MetaMod isn't really a module, but the inner module really is smile
2 - instead of that you may have success in keeping the styling for the MetaMod, including using the title of the MetaMod rather than of the included module.
3 - if your included module is a menu, then often these have a CSS class suffix of "_menu", and it may be this that triggers the red bar and white characters. So you could try using this for the MetaMod, or in the included module.
4 - your template may be using a particular "style" (not css) for the module position. The standard ones are given in the dropdown (xhtml, raw, table etc), but if it's not one of these then you can enter the style name into the "style override" box.
5 - you can solve all of this by using MetaMod Pro. With MetaMod Pro, the MetaMod "wrapper" module disappears, leaving only the included module, as if it had been assigned to the page directly (instead of included inside the MetaMod). It's kind of magic. It also means that the CSS won't get confused by the module-within-a-module thing that's going on at the moment.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Yes, that helped, thank you very much.
I am perfectly satisfied with Metamod, but just because this is such a good product with a similar great support I just bought the pro version.

baroen
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Thanks Baroen smile  Glad this has helped!

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: