Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Display Modules by author. Nothing seems to work.

Display Modules by author. Nothing seems to work.

I would like to display different modules based on the author of the article. I am using postnote template by gavick. I have tried both methods found here : http://www.metamodpro.com/metamod/recip … cle-author

Nothing seems to work at all. Here is the code :

if ( $content_genius->check("article_created_by = 64") return 178;

There is no specific error to report other then no matter what I try nothing seems to change anything on the frontend. Yes I enabled the module. Any ideas? Thanks

timjones
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Display Modules by author. Nothing seems to work.

Oh, you know what, I had a typo in the recipe sad  Sorry about that. It was missing a closing bracket.

Try this instead:

if ( $content_genius->check("article_created_by = 64") ) return 178;

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks for the response. However that did not work. After playing around a bit I have concluded that no matter what the settings nothing changes. Am I overlooking a small step that allows the module to function? Plugin activation or something similar?

timjones
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

I should have mentioned that I am using K2. The articles are actually items. I suspect that may be the problem. Any suggestions. Thanks

timjones
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Oh, right, K2. I haven't investigated K2 yet. Can you enable Advanced Debug mode in the MetaMod, then view the pages that you want to target, and paste the output of the debug mode into a forum post? That would help to create some code for you.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks for trying to help. I have switched to Advanced Module Manager. This allows me to do what I need and will work for the moment. I will continue to play around with metamod and see if I can get it to work with k2. It would be nice to automatically assign the modules based on author but for now I will have to do it manually. Thanks again.

timjones
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week: