Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

usergrou specific MetaMod

usergrou specific MetaMod

Hey,

at first - thanx for that great mod. Until now I used it for SIMPLE display (for unregistered users eg).
nut today I wanted to hide some Modules for the ppl that are noc "Managers" on my page.
So I entered:

if($user->usertype=="Manager")return 86;

In the input Box. But it shows ALWAYS.
Also tried out
if($user->id=="63")return 86;
(my ID) to test if I did sth comletely wrong. But that worked.(of course I tested invicibility with another UserID^^).

Is there sth to know about working with usergrous? Metamod is published...and the other "copies" are working well.
Thanx in advance.

Dave

xdave78
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: usergrou specific MetaMod

Hi Dave,

usually, when modules are showing up when they are not supposed to, it's because of one of two reasons:

1 - the target module needs to be disabled in some way, either by unpublishing, or setting to "none" pages, or setting to a different module position that doesn't exist on the page.

2 - the module ID has been entered into the "quick module id include" box. You ONLY want it in there if you're controlling the display of the modules with the graphical controls in the MetaMod (i.e. country include, date/time, etc). If you're using the PHP code, then remove the module id from the quick module id include" box.

Does either of those solve the problem?

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Hey Stephen,

thanks a lot for your quick reply. The Problem was much easier to solve. When I wanted to test your tips - I somehow recognized, that I have to lock my Testuser off when I changed its Usergroup. So finally that was the issue.

Regards Dave

xdave78
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Oh, what a relief! smile

Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: